Tattoos on the forearm, is it unprofessional or grey area since it's very common now a days?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• As long as you can hide it at work, it shouldn't be a problem. Just like any other area that gets tattooed.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I'm surprised at these answers. How does having a tattoo inhibit someone's professionalism? If you're having a heart attack do you really care if the doctor saving your life has tattoos?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• i really think it depends on your job. Corporate lawyer maybe not so much?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Depends on the job, and the tattoo.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Well, since I have 4 (two on each arm) guess I am gonna have trouble getting a job.
    Honestly, it depends on the job and the tattoo. I mean, do you really care if the guy that moves the stuff around at a hardware store has forearm tattoos? Now, a lawyer is a whole different story.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I think it depends on the job. I don't care if my mechanic has one, but I really don't want one on the arm of my doctor.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Unprofessional and shouldn't be commonplace.

Would never hire anyone who had to come into contact with the public that had visible tattoos/pierrcings.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Depends on the type of career you have but it seems most people nowadays have tattoos from the soccer mom to the biker dude at Starbucks. No offense.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I think it depends on what it is. If its something outrageous then maybe. But tattoos are very common and it expresses your individuality. Who cares what others think, as long as your happy with it.
    Mommy2Be1218

Answer by Mommy2Be1218 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Tried to tell my kids that for years, along with facial piercings. Now they are both professionals and tell me how it is a pain in the ass to have to consider what their clothing covers and what it doesn't. My son gets tats (or tries to) from each country he travels to, his piece from NZ ended up being larger then planned and now he feels he cannot wear anything for work that is shorter then his elbow . My daughter wont wear sandals to work anymore cause she chose to have the entire top of her foot done. Live and learn I guess.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 12:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2013