Has anyone tried the Fish McBites from McDonalds?

Step son came home with a burger from there today and I saw the advertisement on the bag for fish bites. Its supposedly environmentally friendly because it's wild caught? I'm cringing at typing this...

So have you tried them? I'm scared and I love fish.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 2:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I think they brought out the Fish McBites because of Lent. You can also add a second fish fillet sandwich for a dollar if you buy a combo. I always get the fish sandwich at McDonald's if we go--I love their tartar sauce. Wendy's servs a very good fish sandwich, too, only during Lent.

There was a TV show on Discovery or one of those channels not long ago about the ship that catches the fish for McDonald's fillets. It's not just a boat, it's a floating factory. It was amazing; a river of fish was pulled in at one end of the boat, and frozen breaded fillets were unloaded off the other end and taken to distribution centers. I can't remember how many thousand people worked on the ship, but it was like a small city. I kept wondering how they didn't run out of fish to catch.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I won't eat McDonald's food regardless of what they're frying up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• According to the commercial you get 3 1/2 for a dollar.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I'm sure they're just frozen fish sticks.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Well try it next time we go (which isn't often) I eat the fish filet and I like it. It's nice that they have variety because all they ever get is nuggets
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Never heard of it, and absolutely would not try them.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• my mom said they tasted like high end fish sticks.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Not a fan of McDonalds
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• No, that just sounds bad. My daughter texted me about it the other night. LOL! I LOVE McDonald's fish sandwiches, but I don't think that sounds good. Do you remember the Lobster Bites that Long John Silver used to advertise... I think it's about the same.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2013