Babysitting is coming to and ens (sigh)

I started babysitting three years ago to keep myself busy while my kids were in school. Well the twins I have been keeping are starting to a daycare. They were premature and both have learning difficulties. So the parents thought a daycare might be better. I agree, I just dread it. I have seen them almost everyday for the past three years, and now I won't. I have gotten close to them when I told myself I wouldn't. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Money & Work

• I admire you. I couldn't do in-home daycare because I would have a hard time letting go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• If they have learning delays then daycare is the WORST place for them. They will no longer get ANY kind of one on one attention.
    Anonymous

• Anon- that is true. They won't get any one on one.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• My two sons ( not twins) have delays in some cognitive skills. I took them to daycare for about 3 weeks and then realized I had made a huge mistake. They were actually back tracking from when my mom was keeping them. I then found an in home lady to watch them. It was like night and day. Plus one of my sons ca't speak very well so I had no idea what was going on all day long... daycares just scare me for kids who just need that extra attention. Maybe she will bring them back to you after a month or so.
    Anonymous

• ALL of my kids from childcare started school this year, that was VERY hard ONE to loose my babies and TWO no income

some I still see because I keep them on weekends or tutor but the others I get to say hi to here or there at a store :(
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Anon- they also have a very low immune system. Daycares are the worst place to send them with that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• LMGB- all of my family just tells me not to let myself get close to them. That's impossible right????
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I was an assistant pre-school teacher for one year, & sending the kiddos that I'd spent so much time w/ on to K, was heartbreaking. All the kids gave me a group hug on the last day, & I totally cried like a baby.... Had 1/2 the moms in tears as well! Hated it, & just couldn't go through it again. No matter what you try, you can't stop yourself from getting close to them. I feel for you!! Hopefully things will work out well for them, but if they don't you can bet they will be calling you back to help out w/ them again!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 5:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Awe- that is so sad! I agree daycare may not have to offer all she thinks it does. I would just reminder her on their last day that as long as you have the room they are welcome to come back anytime. :o( You never know- she may take you up on it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2013