The importance of seatbelts...

saturday night my husband and I decided to spend a couple hours at the casino for our anniversary, we invited his mother and his sister along. We all lost and decided it was time to go home with that.

The roads were pretty dry except for one spot, it was icy and we began to spin out of control, as we headed for the ditch, I closed my eyes and said if I die, I will be ok with that. After it was all over, i didnt even know we rolled at least 2 times, if not more. I looked at my window as I was the passenger and saw my window had broken out. My MIL was facing the back of the car, the husband bumped his head and so did his sister. I had my seatbelt on and learned if i hadn't worn it, I could be dead today from being tossed out of the window. The other 3 didnt have their seatbelts on and MIL suffered fractered neck bones and collar bone. The pple on patrol said from the looks of the car, it's impressive everyone is still alive. sadly, a couple minutes before the accident happened, we were all joking about how my husband never wears one.

Just because the 3 of them didn't wear their seatbelts and survived the roll over, doesnt mean you would too. so please wear it, not because its the law, but because you can go home to your family and say "i'm still here" :)

lovekitchenmama

Asked by lovekitchenmama at 4:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Health

• Thanks for reminding everyone and sharing your experience. That's a great thing for you to do. I'm very glad that you weren't hurt. Take care.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• No matter how many stories or how many studies a lot of people will not listen to please wear a seat belt. I wish they would be had 10 people die in the month of Dec and 23 people in Jan here in Utah so 33 combined, 24 of those people were not wearing seat belts.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Glad everyone was okay, hope MIL recovers.
    LostSoul88

• The tires do not move on any of our vehicles until EVERYONE is buckled up. Don't want to buckle up? WALK!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Wow! I'm glad you will all be okay. Our car doesn't roll an inch till everybody is buckled up, period. Until recently, my preschooler thought the car wouldn't work at all unless everybody had seatbelts on. We overheated and had to stop, and her first question was, "Mommy, did you or Daddy take your seatbelt off?"
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Glad to hear you all survived that. It's an important message to share.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• You are lucky. Thank you for the reminder. Happy you are all okay and now committed to wearing a seat belt.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• So glad you were no hurt, this is a wise thing to get use to, I make everyone I know that travels with me wear it, it has become second nature when I get in any car, the seat belt is the first thing I look for and put on, a smart habit to have!

Answer by older at 8:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Glad you are ok.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2013