Tiny lump on my breast...

I have had a spot with tiny spider veins on it on my breast for a while now. The Gyno check my breast last visit and said nothing of it. Well later I found a very small lump just under the skin. It is the size of a dried lentil. Hard but not attached... I am not worried about it being cancer since it is under the skin and not attached. I can roll it between my fingers...

I guess my question is... am I wrong to not be concerned? What would you do? It is a $50 co-pay for the Gyno and everything I have read on breast cancer says this is not it...

btw- I am 32 with no family history for cancer. Though my mother gets cyst on her breast form time to time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Health

• You can always see your primary care doctor first. Never rely on what you read, you need to see a professional.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• It sounds like a cyst, but what if it isn't? Fifty bucks is a small price to pay for catching a problem early. Breast cancer is reasonably survivable if you catch it before it spreads.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• My granny has breast cancer. It was detected early and she's on the road to recovery. It's not something to mess with. Please spend the money and get checked.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 4:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Can you squeeze it out? Possibly a fluid filled cyst. If so, salycilic acid acne spot treatment might dry it out.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• How bout you call the doctor's nurse if you don't want to go in? I would think they want you to go though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I would go

I found a lump under my arm. I went to the doctor, the doctor ordered a mammogram. It wound up being nothing serious but I wouldn't wait to find out.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• When I was bf for nearly a year few quarter-size bumps showed up on my calf. I was told I had benign tumor, but I did not believe it. I did research on-line on what they diagnosed me with, learned that Motrin can help, took it for a week and my calf was with no inflammation or any mark. It all happened 3 yrs ago, and I am clear of any signs. I would suggest checking on-line for publications on looking similar to your changes, and learning from them too. I insisted on biopsy but just cancelled my appointment after I treated myself. Good luck
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Go to the doctor. Better to be safe.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:45 AM on Feb. 12, 2013