What are your thoughts on this?

A friend of mine (I swear it ain't me lol) anyway, this friend has been with this guy for a year now, let him move in with her and her three kids, two teens and one five year old. Anyway, she recently found a DL, social Security card and bank card in another name but with his picture on it. None of his information has the name that he currently uses. When she asked him about it, he says that he was in special ops in the military and that he had to have an alias and that's why his name was changed and he is in the process of getting it changed back but because he has a dishonorable discharge he has had some issues with getting the information changed back. Also she found out that he has been lying to her, saying that he was off work but actually called his boss and said that he had to baby sit. He has a terrible record with jobs, quits them unexpectedly and gives her bogus excuses. He told her the last job he had his boss couldn't pay him for after a month of work and now she is stuck borrowing money to cover the bills. I told her that he is a liar and a user and that she needs to be careful but she says she is so in love that she doesn't want to believe that he is lying about the military thing.
I think he is full of BS but is it my place to tell my friend that her BF that she loves so much is probably no good for her?

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 5:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• Yikes, very scary. Even worse that he's around her children, because who knows what he's really done? I agree with contacting the police to see if there is a warrant out for him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• It's bullshit... she should run away NOW!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• It's bull shit.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I think it's a bunch of bullshit, and frankly, the fake ID and info would scare the hell out of me. She has no idea who he really is - for all she knows, neither the name she knows him by nor the fake one she found is his real name - it could be something else entirely!

If I really give the benefit of the doubt, I could see how she might have moved in with him without knowing about this (how soon did they move in together, btw?), but the fact that she stays with him after discovering this, and after he shows clear signs of not being an honest person - tells me she's too scared of being alone to let him go. I think it's a safe bet your friend is going to end up seriously hurt in this - I just hope it's only a broken heart and not financial ruin or physical harm.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• wow
    that sounds scary as hell

to have someone move in so soon (and with your kids around)
    and find out he is not who he says

i would contact police to see if he had warrant
    police will remove him for her
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• She should go to the police with this information. Lying is one thing; creating a fake identity is quite another. I've known guys in special ops, and this is not the way it's done!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Bullshit. I hope she made a xerox copies of all she found or took photos of it with her phone. This guy sounds like a loser and very likely a criminal.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I'd go to the police myself, frankly.

And then I'd slap your friend upside the head. Love is no excuse for being dumb, and there's NOTHING to love about this man!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I'd turn him in, no telling what he's really been up to.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• BS and yes I think you should go have a chat with you local police and just mentioned that it seemed like something they might want to know about. Get as much of the information as you can remember put down in writing so you do not forget.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2013