O. M. G.

My 6 year old had the child scissors out and was cutting hearts.

My 3 year old followed her into the kitchen and stayed in there as my 6 year old came out to show me the hearts. Unbeknownst to me, my 6 year old left the scissors on the counter and my 3 year old grabbed them.

She walks out 2 seconds later with the scissors against her head, then snips a huge lock of hair out. She then proceeds to pull the hair out of the scissors and put it BACK on her head!

What is it about scissors that make some kids automatically want to cut their own hair!?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My friends dd cut all of her hair off while daddy was watching the kids. Se has about 1 inch all around lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Oh goodness. Scissors are like crack for kids. They cannot help themselves!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• My youngest DD did that to the front of her hair.

Answer by louise2 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Take a picture and put it with her memories!!!!

Answer by older at 6:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I did tht when I was a kid. Went under the dining room table and cut off all my bangs.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Ballad, I cut my bangs off when I was little, too! I didn't want bangs anymore so I just cut them off lol.

Kids probably want to cut their hair all the time, but since they're not going to pull their hair out, they jump at the chance when they get scissors lol.

Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 7:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I cut off my mom's friend's son's hair when I was 5. I knew I'd be in trouble if I cut my own, but why I didn't think I'd be in trouble for cutting his I couldn't tell you.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Yep, my oldest did that about a month before she turned 4. I'm now trying my hardest to keep my youngest from scissors.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• When I was 7 I had hair down to my butt. I cutt most of my hair off LOL
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Ahhh, the kids with sissors! Every child does it! I don't think that there is a kid in the world who does not think that they are beauticians..they cut their own hair, their dolls hair, friends hair in school..Yes, we still have photos of my cousin who wacked off her bangs to the top of her forehead - just before school photos!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2013