Odd question, ultrasound for dogs?

I am pretty sure my dog is pregnant. The vets are already closed so I can't call until tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten an ultrasound for their dog and how much it might generally cost. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Pets

• Well if she is,you only have 2 to 2 1/2 weeks until she delivers
    You should be able to feel them in there

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I don't think they usually do that?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• oh it will cost you!!! Is it really unnecessary?? The vet can usually feel the pups and confirm via blood test.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Well the vet can do it. He probably has one for use on animals. If I remember It costs around $150. But it's been awhile so it may be more/less.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• We had an ultrasound on one of ours cats quite a few years ago. It was at least $200 then, probably more. Little darlin' had kidney issues. Unfortunately the ultrasound told us why she had issues but there was no real way to correct it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Ultrasounds are normal to check for hip displasia in high-cost show dogs. I've not heard them used to confirm pregnancy, though they ARE used on Alpacas (oddly enough!)
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• The only reason I want one is because I am moving at the same time she would deliver. I just wanted it for verification but I am pretty sure she is. She went into heat right after I got her and the vet didnt want to spay til she was out of heat, and the only day she was outside unsupervised was Dec 23. So thats when she got preg. Our weather isnt bad so I was able to go out and watch her while she did her business. Plus she had hurt herself playing at the dog park and was on kennel rest per vet orders so she was out to do her business then right back in to her kennel. This is very frusterating and I am worried because she is only 1 1/2
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• I don't think I can really feel a puppy exactly, but her nipples are very swollen and kind of saggy. When we got her she was Very underweight, only 45lbs (german sepherd) and she has slowly been gaining weight. I thought she was just gaining normal weight so I didnt think anything of it til I started noticing her teats.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• You may not feel them but your vet will and without the expense of an ultrasound. I think when Mario was so sick about 6 years ago it was $250. but I really don't remember.
    I am sure they could do it for you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2013