Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im at a loss..

I am at a point in my life where I dont know what to do. I am about to go through a divorce.

Basicly, to sum this up. I was wondering if anyone knows of any state (California)programs that could help me. As in places to live, daycare expenses, food.. maybe even cash assistance.. does anyone have any information?

I am working 14 hrs a week at 8 bucks an hr. I am looking for a place to live (Riverside CA, or Moreno Valley CA) but I cant afford more than $ 150 a month for rent. I am in such a difficult situation and need advice and any help given.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Well, you can go to the welfare office and they can help you, but in the mean time it sounds like it's time to look for a real job (40 hours a week).

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • I can't even think of any place down there that would help you with everything I know here in San Bernardino they can give you vouchers to stay at a motel until you are able to get you Welfare benefits and find a place to live, you need to go on Tuesday to the Social Services office and tell them exactly what you told us and they can help you out, they will also help you with getting child support from your ex

    Answer by hautemama83 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • try dshs.. but with the states money the way it is there isnt much help.. been in your place get a job to work more hours get on DSHS daycare.. WIC food stamps.. and medical.. and get childsupport.. and then get on the housing list.. or gind apt complex that are low income.. or get a roommate.. till you get true it been there.. its hard but you can do it.. the state only helps the people who help them self

    Answer by miss_nevin at 7:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • The only rent you are going to find that cheap is if you get a roommate, rent only a room, or try to get public assistance. Your local human services may be able to help you with emergency housing. Here is a link to the Moreno county welfare office. They may be able help you the best.


    Answer by FlyMom07 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • Sign up for Section 8 Housing. It goes by your income. As for other assistance I see flymom07 gave you the link for that.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

  • Okay I just asked my SO's mom what you can do, (she works for San Bernardino county), and she said to just go on Tuesday, apply for low income housing, Section 8 is not accepting applicants right now and hasn't here for like the last year so thats out of the question, I would say in the mean time to look for better work but honestly I live in the IE too and I know there isn't crap out there and its just getting worse, anyhow GL and if you have anymore questions PM me

    Answer by hautemama83 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.