What questions should I ask?

I have court tomorrow to see work will be taking over the insurance for my son. He is trying to get out of it because basically he is a loser. He has insurance brought his work and won't get him on it. I ouldnr get anything through my work due to my pre-existing condition. That was just to kind of fill you in on my situation.

My question is simple... What questions do I ask? The last time I left there and I was so pissed I didn't write anything down. So this time I want to be more prepared. I have a few hings I am bringing up but not sure what is appropriate to ask without getting in contempt of court....lol

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I'm not sure. Are you representing yourself? What do your divorce papers say concerning which parent insures your son? Seems to me that if you provide the court with the documentation that you have a Pre-existing condition and have been turned down for insurance through your job, then your ex would have no choice but to cover your son.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Get a lawyer. There is no reason that medical care/ insurance should not be provided by the father if he can easily put his son on his policy. If you are representing yourself and he has a lawyer you are going to have a bad time of it. It will come down yto the welfare of the child, which also depends on having healthcare. Both incomes may be taken into consideration and the custody terms already in place. You may end up with him paying less in CS and the insurance.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Well, I went to court yesterday and it is put off AGAIN!! Loser lost his job because he got fired. He works at the county jail and conveniently left a back door open and got let go. I can't believe this crap. Before when we were going through all of this somehow he couldn't come up with any ideas for someone that had insurance at a "reasonable cost" but now that he's not working he could find some... friggin give me a break!!!

So the judge wants me to now look at it and see what I can come up with. I mean really?? Seems like he is going to get off of it again!! I wish I never would've called the Attny General at all now and just let it be!! It always seems to bite me in the ass!! SMH!!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• The state mandates tat the child has to have insurance coverage. Check your state laws. Try to get a legal advocate or legal case worker to help. Good luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2013