College kids

How did you put your kids through college? I am going through college apps now and I am SO scared that the schools won't give us enough money that is needed, but I am hopeful! My daughter deserves it because she worked so hard for it. No LOANS! If possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Work study. Government grants. Also, check your library because there's a book of little-known scholarships updated annually. They're given out by civic groups, career organizations, that kind of thing, and schools often won't point you to them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• My kids aren't there yet and I'm pretty sure ill have enough by the time they start, but I know tons of people who have put themselves through college working. Even it they had to take fewer hours of classes one semester to work more, they did it.

Answer by missanc at 6:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• My daughter will have to get a loan for like $7,500 for the first term, which is good. Fill out the FASA NOW for 2013-2014 school year... That is your first and best step to take - There are tons of scholarships out there - the school counselor should have list of local, government and all other applications.
    Google for more information...
    Good Luck
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2013