21 weeks pregnant just finish taking antibiotics for broncitis now have Yeast infection adult content

I just got off 10 days of Amoxicilan for broncitis and now i have a yeast infection. Ive gotten them before but this one is unbearable and extermly Itchy!!! i dont want to take more antibiotics to get rid of something that was caused by antibiotics. Ive been trying to drink Kefir and taking proboitics . Anyone have good remidies for YI or suggest the best Over the counter creams ?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2013 in Pregnancy

• CALL YOUR DOC!!! they will tell you what is safe to take!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2013

• Lol I learned that the hard way too! Always take a probiotic when taking an antibiotic. You can use an OTC treatment even when pregnant, that's what your doctor will tell you anyway unless he prescribes something, which will be the same thing anyway. They will probably recommend the 7 day treatment vs the 1 or 3 day though since it's less concentrated.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Yeast infections are caused by the killing of good bacteria in your system. That is why we get them when we take antibiotics. It will not be antibiotics you are taking. They will give you something to build up the good bacteria back in your system and rid the yeast in to a proper balance. Eat plain yogurt but first go to your DOC!!
    Jessplus31979

Answer by Jessplus31979 at 7:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I liked the monistat 3. It always worked for me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:58 AM on Feb. 12, 2013