Hair troubles....

It seems as I've gotten older and have had kids my hair has changed. I used to have a ton of fine, blonde hair that was straight. Now, I have random hairs that are super thick, curly, frizzy and DARK. My hair is almost a light brown now as well. The color doesn't bother me, but the frizzy/wavy consistency and THICK strands bother me a lot. Is there any way to remedy this? I can feel the difference between the thick strands in amongst the fine ones and pull them out cause I don't want them in there!
HELP! Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Weird
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• These unusually thick, curly hairs (aka crazy hairs) are caused by stress, hormonal changes, medications and aging. Sometimes, they are also caused by hair follicles simply being too close to each other, thus causing 2 hairs to grow together. You'll notice that these hairs also tend to be more flat instead of round. Do you or have you ever colored your hair? If you color your hair too frequently, it can cause follicle mutations or dye buildup. I recommend using non-ammonia dyes to reduce this effect. Taking a multivitamin also helps bring balance back to your body.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• You just described the hair I was born with! Just go with it. When it's wet after a shower, grab some gel and pull your fingers through & let it dry. Then you get decent little waves without the frizz.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• You just described the hair I was born with! Just go with it. When it's wet after a shower, grab some gel and pull your fingers through & let it dry. Then you get decent little waves without the frizz. Answer by ABeaverhausen

^^^This^^^

Since you have some fine hair with the thicker hair though, maybe try to find a spray gel or something that goes on light.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:03 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• have you had a baby recently?
    my hair became real wavy in certain areas only after giving birth AND I lost a ton of hair too
    you can straighten it out if you don't like it with a hair straightener other wise nope not much you can do unless you make it all wavy/curly by perming it and ya don't want to do that!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• My suggestion is to rock what you've got. Stir it up, change your style, talk to a cosmetologist and get their opinion. There are so many options available. Do not spend time trying to "stop" the changes, figure out a solution to work with it. You will drive yourself crazy by fixating on it. When things change the best solution is to change with it. ( I have a Cosmetology degree) :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2013