Valentine's Gift for 7 year old boy

My 5 year old daughter wants her ears pierced but DH does not feel she is ready so she is getting magnetic studs for valentine's. I am at a loss for my 7 year old boy though. They have too many toys as it is, but I am not sure what to get him. Any ideas ladies?

aeneva

Asked by aeneva at 10:03 AM on Feb. 12, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Books are always good, or a cute shirt. I got DS a couple of puzzles and this huge, ugly stuffed frog he has been wanting.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• budget?

Off the top of my head I would say a handheld game (like asteroids, tetris or the like), some small lego set if he is in to those (or mini figures run about $3 / figure).
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Comic books, or a new book to read?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Does he have a game system like a Wii or a DS? Maybe you could get him a new game?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Sorry, I must have skipped over the 'too many toys' part of your post. The book idea is a good one. Maybe a DVD that he has an interest in?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I got my boys new penguins hoodies for vday
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• He has started showing an interest in Angry birds lately so maybe a hoodie with them. He is really into anything science related, but we only spend about $20 or so on them for valentines day. He is not a big reader, but maybe if I got him something he was more interested in he would be? Thanks ladies.
    aeneva

Comment by aeneva (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I am always at a loss when someone want s to pierce their child's ear so young. Magnetice will just be lost but then maybe you will get the point.
    I am also at a loss as to why you feel the need to give a gift at valentine's. It is traditionally a card and candy day. Oh yes I know about commercialism. We all complain about it but but most of us feed into it and raise our children more and more to feed into it.

How about a remote controlled car?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Wow judgemental much there dar? She is 5 years not 5 months and has asked for it herself. I am torn myself and DH says no. The magnetics will just get lost you are correct, but that is the point. We are trying to teach her responsibility and show her that when she is responsible she can get them done, but that wasn't what I was asking about. As for the card and candy comment you are right, but we don't do candy in our house and they will get plenty from school so I wanted to do something else for them little. It must be so much fun in your house with it being all perfect there and what not!
    aeneva

Comment by aeneva (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Yup it is because we deal in feelings and not things. You are the mother and it is your place to say no.
    My kids and all their friends seemed to like it here and the DGS and his friends are always here and the DGD is pretty happy when she comes.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2013