Its a new invorement for him.

So we moved in to our new apartment two weeks ago (my son, me and my bf) at first he was all happy and excited because he has his own room and his space. But now he wants to just go iver his grandmas house we have been living with my mom since I found out I was pregnant and that was almost 5 years ago so thats all he knows. I dont know what to do because he cries sonetimes asking is he going to sleep over grandmas today and I have to explain thatbhe is going the next day before school (she takes him to school since I work at 9) I guess he is having trouble adjusting to the new apartment. And I feel like I cant do anything to make him feel better. Any ideas on how I can make him feel better and explain to him that this is his house and that he will always be able to seeb his grandma but just not everyday.

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 11:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe put a photo of his grandma in his room for him to see? And could you maybe decorate it especially for him? Let him pick out colors, bedding, etc?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Good idea thank you
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I like ABeaverhausen's idea. How about also letting Grandma talk to him & reassure him that she is always available for him to call on the phone! We have a cordless phone & I put it on speaker for my Son to talk to my Mom & Sisters as often as he wants.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I will my mom tells him everyday that she will see him tomorrow in the morning and he says okay but simce he only knows my moms house I understand that it will take time. I love him very much and I hate to see him cry.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2013

• This will soon pass. maybe a call to grandma when he is feeling down might help.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• He will adjust. It may take a few weeks but he will adjust.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I hope so ladies thank you
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Maybe invite Grandma over to have a sleep over invite some friends make a welcome party and show him how cool it is.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2013