My 7-month old doesn't want to eat her baby food anymore...

She is reaching out for our food. Is it ok to feed her chicken n rice even though it has salt n pepper and butter?

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you can mash it up enough where its not a choking hazard, sure, its ok to feed it to her.

You are allowed to feed your baby foods with seasonings and spices...just nothing too strong.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• give it to her. She just wants the good stuff. Make sure she doesn't choke on it though.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Until my children had teeth I ground up our table food for them. I don't know if they even make them anymore, but it looked like a nut grinder, and I put the food in the top and put the lid on and turned the handle, and the food would be well ground up for the baby. A blender or food processor with a small jar or container would probably work, too. My SIL just finely chopped her food.

Answer by Bmat at 8:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I mashed it up and she loved it! Thanks guys.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Teeth or no teeth doesn't matter until they get molars. Until then they gum food anyway.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My oldest was gumming up chicken nuggets by 9 months old. How else is she to learn?
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• It is wise to hold of on meat until they are at least 9 months, preferably 1 year old, but the rice should be totally fine.

Also, are you giving finger foods? Many babies start wanting to self-feed at a young age.

Even rice can be finger foods, and I don't think she can choke on that.

Cooked pasta is great too.

And of course, cheerios and all that jazz, fruit and veggies cut up small.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:54 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• oh my ella did the same exact thing when she turned 7 months old, she is 8 months old today and has been on table food for 3 weeks now she loves it...i think it was on here or somewhere that said if it comes out the way you put it in, then it needs to mashed up more, but if it comes out mushed your good!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2009