Weird Poop

My 18 month old daughter has had weird poop lately. It's very soft, very smelly, and is a light yellow color. She had two yesterday, a blowout last night and two today. Do you think she might have eaten something bad, or maybe she is developing allergies to something because no other family members have been sick.

P.S. it is also leaving a very nasty rash in every area it touches.

Thanks for the help

madelines_mom

Asked by madelines_mom at 8:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would get her into the doctors as soon as possible to find out what is wrong. I have no idea but it really does not sound good at all. Also make sure to give her lots of fluids.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 8:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I don't think it's that serious. When you change her diaper let it air dry for a few minutes and then cover with baby powder and diaper at every diaper change. My kids get light colored soft poops that sometimes leave bleeding rashes when they eat too much fruit or food with acid and when I dry, powder & diaper they're usually back to normal by the next day :)....maybe make a note and mention it at the next appointment but unless it doesn't get better by next week I don't think there's any need to make an immediate appointment.
    badd_kitten

Answer by badd_kitten at 8:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2009