How can I make myDH ex let us see his Daughter??

We have a court order but havnt seen her since June 2008. We cant find the mother, and we have called Police, The Courts, and Child Protective Services. No one wants to help us inforce the court order. We cant afford to go bach to court, what can we do?????

CookieMama

Asked by CookieMama at 8:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• google her, or do people search. It may sound silly, but it might work.
    Anonymous

• How can you not afford to go back to court? It doesn't cost anything to go without an attorney I know i did it alot! If she is the one violating the order yo do not need a lawyer!
    Anonymous

• We would have to pay the court cost and fees to file, after child support, bills, and groceries there is nothing left.
    We have googled everyone in her family no luck
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 8:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Write the Judge who wrote the order and tell him. I bet that gets a fire under their butt. It won't cost you but the 42 cent stamp and yes you have the right to write the Judge and say his/her order is being ignored. Make sure (if you can) provide him with names of ppl who refused to enforce the Order.
    Try www.zabasearch.com, www.four11.com, www.whowhere.com. Does she get any financial assistance from the state? If so, the police should be able to find her. She can be charged with parental interference among other things like contempt of court.

I'd also try the Prosecuting Attorneys office and ask them what to do. THEY are YOUR attorney for the court order. If they don't help, ask for their name, and inform them that you are going to the Judge and let the Judge know no one will help.

I wrote to everyone I could think of including the newspaper and the Governor. Funny how embarrassing public officials gets things done!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• He's paying child support? I don't know much about child support, but how does he send it to her if he doesn't know where she is?
    Anonymous

• I agree with about him paying child support. Where is that check going? Maybe you will know from that.
    Anonymous

• a lot of child support orders are paid through employer and taken directly out of the paycheck and sent to the office where it is distributed...
    Anonymous

• Yes it is sent to the Attorney General, then they deposit it on her credit card. The AG knows her address but they told us they work for her not us.
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 10:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Someone has to know where she is or else where is his support going?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• HEY GIRL..THIS IS LEE-LEE I FEEL FOR YOU. THE COURT SYSTEM IS SO DISHONEST. I AGREE WITH THE OTHER MOMS. GO TO THE CHILD SUPPORT AGENCY,AND SEE WHERE THE DAMN MONEY IS GOING AND WHO IS RECEIVING IT.THAT SHOULD HELP,OR CALL AROUND TO DIFFRENT LAWYERS AND SEE IF THEY WILL TAKE YOUR CASE......
    lee-lee78

Answer by lee-lee78 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2009