To ALL who are ordering for Valentines Day...DO NOT ORDER from FTD!! EVER!!

Two years - two mistakes!!
I have given them the boot! They are horrible and messed up each time and I am making sure to tell ALL to not only not use them, but go with either local, pro-flowers or 1800flowers..

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 1:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Holidays

• We love ftd. Never ever had a problem.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• It's best to call a local Florist direct so there is no middle man. If I send flowers out of state I find a Florist close to where the person lives & call direct. I ordered from 1800 flowers one year & it was pathetic.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I ordered a tshirt from zazzle for my big D. It's so sweet. It's a pic of Jesus cuddling a raptor.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I've found 1 Stop Florists online to be reliable. I agree, though, that calling someone local is best. My ex's sister was a florist, and she said her boss told her to pick the worst flowers she could get way with for the FTD arrangements, since the buyers were usually far away and wouldn't see the bouquets.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• ALWAYS SHOP LOCAL!! They have means of getting your delivery from one place to another.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Ive never even heard of FTD. I just go to the store to by mine.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 2:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Thanks for the tip. I rarely order flowers & when I do, it's from a local shop. Hubby & I don't participate in the Hallmark holidays. We tell each other every day how we feel. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• What happened?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Well, my sweet husband ordered from FTD twice now - last year was the last time! He placed the order for Valentines day a Dozen purple roses and a necklace (that was the special on line)...the flowers never came..he called and was either put on hold, even spoke to customer service in the Philippeans or India (or both)..he finally got a hold of somebody in Utah and that customer service person said that they didn't have the purple flowers but that they would send flowers that would make his wife happy for VALENTINES DAY! They asked if they could send it the next day - still the next day and after and after NO FLOWERS! Go to FTD on FB, the complaints from the customers is 700 people plus long! My suggestion, go local, support your town and you will for sure get your flowers AND ON TIME!
    madmueller

Comment by madmueller (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Just terrible. Nothing like CafeMom: that's a website you can always trust.
    UpYours969

Answer by UpYours969 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2013