Annoying SSI - is this normal?!

we have had SSI for a few months for my 11 yr old. my husband works so the amount changes monthly. I send in paystubs by mail each month reporting all income to the proper dept.
i receive SSI mail stating what our benefit amount will be for the following month. Well!! they keep requesting back paystubs and I keep sending them. I have sent in November at least 3 times and December twice. Now they are requesting all paystubs since Oct thru January to be sent in no later than March 3rd.

what is the deal?? why do they keep requesting the same ones? I keep leaving messages for the worker that is requesting them but she NEVER calls back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Money & Work

• they are stalling
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• they are annoying the hell out of me is what they are doing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• It's the Gov.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Yes. I used to get ssi for my son. Talk to 3 different people at the ss office and you get 3 different answers. Working for the govt truly is different from private sector!

Answer by missanc at 3:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Get used to it. It's your government at work. Been there, done that. Make copies of everything, and keep all documents, because SSI has a nasty habit of overpaying and then later demanding the money back, or stopping benefits till the overpayment is compensated for. Or changing their mind about what should have been paid and stopping benefits, then later changing their mind again and giving you a back check of what you should have been paid all along. Get everything in writing, always take names and numbers when you talk to anybody at theSocial Security Administration. Good luck!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2013