Wwyd if you found this out?

so my little brother(17) came home yesterday with a girl(16) my parents dont approve of, he told them that shes pregnant and that they have been dating for over a year already, my dad and brother got into a fist fight over it and my brother left

so my question is, how would you react if your 17 year old came home with a girl that youve never seen and they tell you shes pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Well, there would be no hitting that's for sure.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Well... I wouldn't get in a fist fight with him.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I don't understand how they don't approve of her if they didn't know about her? Anyway, I guess I would react the same way as I would if I knew about the girlfriend. I'd cry and then we'd all sit down and start discussion options and a plan of action. The girl's parents would also be involved in the discussion.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Well, like the others, I wouldn't fist fight. Seriously, WTF does that?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I would not hit my son but would ask myself where have I been for a year to not know he had a girlfriend
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I'd kick my own ass for not being an attentive parent for over a year.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• exactly what the others have said.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I agree with funlovin plus I would have called the police on the father for hitting a child, unless he threw the first punch
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• How the hell do your parents miss that he's been dating for over a year? Talk about dysfunctional. Your poor brother. Hopefully her parents are more understanding and won't try to hit him (or her) because of negligent parenting.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• You know the more I think about it the madder I get, he chose to beat on his child because they're being shit parents. Seriously that's so screwed up, I hope your brother has him arrested and lives a happy life.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2013