Wwyd if you found this out?

so my little brother(17) came home yesterday with a girl(16) my parents dont approve of, he told them that shes pregnant and that they have been dating for over a year already, my dad and brother got into a fist fight over it and my brother left

so my question is, how would you react if your 17 year old came home with a girl that youve never seen and they tell you shes pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I'd kick my own ass for not being an attentive parent for over a year.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I don't understand how they don't approve of her if they didn't know about her? Anyway, I guess I would react the same way as I would if I knew about the girlfriend. I'd cry and then we'd all sit down and start discussion options and a plan of action. The girl's parents would also be involved in the discussion.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Well... I wouldn't get in a fist fight with him.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Well, there would be no hitting that's for sure.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• You know the more I think about it the madder I get, he chose to beat on his child because they're being shit parents. Seriously that's so screwed up, I hope your brother has him arrested and lives a happy life.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Happened at 19 here actually and I wasextreemly disappointed. They said they were getting married and I counseled them to take a little time to think on this on question. If you were not having a baby, would you still be getting married right now?
    Of course the both were dead set on marriage. The JP wedding was 3 days later. We supporrted them and allowed them to live with us
    In the end they divorced and I became primary guardian.
    Everyone reacts differently.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• How the hell do your parents miss that he's been dating for over a year? Talk about dysfunctional. Your poor brother. Hopefully her parents are more understanding and won't try to hit him (or her) because of negligent parenting.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• HHx5 It really does not take that much time for two kids to have sex, after a game, when they are supposed to be at a dance, friend's house, the library. I agree the relationship may not be as long as a year but just said to make it seem less "bad" I also agree that a DNA test would be required unless they insisted on getting married. Then you can only hope he is not being taken in and is stupidly trusting.
    As far as support (financial) is concerned, I believe that once you get pregnantyou are technically emancipated. In my case this was still my son and this woman was carrying my grandchild.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Well, like the others, I wouldn't fist fight. Seriously, WTF does that?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I would seek group support.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2013