sleeping and moving his head

Hello...my baby when he is trying to fall sleep start moving his head like if he is saying no....is that normal? he is only 6 months old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal....well at least to my knowledge it is. my ds has been doing that since birth and still does it at 8 months. I think they are just trying to find a comfortable way to lay their head. Thats how these little babies get the bald spots in the back of their head.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 8:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• OMG my son does the same thing. I guess it is.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My son did this too. At first we thought he discovered rhythm, then we thought he was coping with teething pain. But in the end it was a stimming activity because he has autism. How well is his eye contact??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yes..you are right, my baby's head has a flat spot ..thanks i am more relax now that he is not the only one...
    mis3babies

Answer by mis3babies at 8:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Lol, yeah I think that's normal, babies move A LOT. My dd picks up her leg, then drops it like 10 times before she falls asleep, lol.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• yup my 8 month old has done it for 3 months now, finally starting to not do it as much
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• mine too:)
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2009