My autistic grandson was questoned by school and cps, now they won't leave us alone.

My 7 year old grandson had a bruise on his back. When he was questioned, quizzed, or coersed we do don't know, scholl and cps won't tell us, and my grandson isn't capable of explaining what happened. I'm not sure who looked up his shirt to see the bruise on his back. His aunt is the primary caregiver. As soon as they came knocking we went to his family doctor who stated he was just fine. He's an eight year old boy who is very clumbsy and uncoordinated and it was one bruise, not bruising everyday. please help.  CPS stated he said his Aunt hit him with a belt.  There aren't any belts in our house.  We don't hit him, we love him.  I called an attorney and he said don't answer anymore questions unless you are formally charged.  Wisconsin will put her name in a state wide data base. I am so confused.  My grandson is not capable of making such an accusation. he doesn't have that kind of reasoning.

ladyjane117

Asked by ladyjane117 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• What kind of help are you looking for?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Any kind of advice. I keep asking who questioned him, what did they say, was it recorded. What about his rights and my daughters?
    ladyjane117

Comment by ladyjane117 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• well if there isn't abuse then you have nothing to worry about. I would tell them they are not allowed to question him alone again though. Have his doctor write up something about no signs of abuse when you brought him in.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• If that's all it was then cps will finish and close their investigation. Not much you can do at this point but cooperate.

Answer by missanc at 3:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• If he isn't capable of making those accusations or that kind of reasoning, it should be well documented to begin with...
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 3:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• So what are you more concerned about your daughter getting investigated or the fact she may have abused your grandson? If there's nothing happening then they will finish their investigation and close it. If she's been abusing him however I think it's important that they get to the bottom of it and remove him from a dangerous situation.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• If you grandchild had unexplained bruises wouldn't you want the teachers to notice and report it? My guess was he made a sound when he touched it or he mentioned that his back hurt. I would definitely want people watching out for the well being of my child.
    They did what they are required by law to do and that is to call an authority. Evidence is reviewed and judgement is made whether or not further investigation is necessary. MY guess is that they were unable to get any real answers from him and whent to the next source, your daughter. This is exactly as it should be done. BTW. They probably examined the home and talked to her. She can submit the Dr.'s report but my guess is that the case will simply close as many others do.
    If it ends up where they are constantly calling or coming by then of course get a lawyer, but that is really not going to happen.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Wait, is he 7 or 8?

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Sense you went to a lawyer about it. Do as the lawyer says.

Answer by louise2 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Wait, is he 7 or 8?

Well?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2013