This is stressful!!

I'm taking five classes and barely getting through one of them. I feel so stressed out that I don't hardly pay attention to my baby and when I do, I feel short with him. How do I manage this?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I feel you'r pain. I'm doing three classes a day with four kids at home. I use a schedule to help manage my time.
    lajack

Answer by lajack at 8:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Schedualing better.
    Write down what needs to be done, when it needs to be done... when you're busy it really helps.
    It sounds like you have a little too much going on. It's awesome that you're still in school though!! But definately try to make some time for yourself. Do you have anyone around to help watch him?? Maybe you can get someone to watch him so you can soak in the tub for a little bit, or just go and get yourself a coffee. Doing something for yourself might help you relax and enjoy time with your son. Another thing that might help is taking him for a walk. The walk will help you with your stress, and you get to take him with and enjoy being outside together.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• it may sound counter productive but take a break from the school work and play with the baby or take him for a walk you'll be mentally refreshed and able to get more accomplished.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• goaliemom93 said it best.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Totally understand. Although I am way passed the baby stage...mine are young adults now off on their own life. I myself am having to take another massage board exam because I moved from MO to AR, so I can work. On top of that I am trying to complete a holistic nutrition and a physical therapy aide course...both online. Plus we are working on planting fruit trees, shrubs, vines, veggie garden so we can become more self-reliance plus running around taking care of other errands.... I am having to put aside my other studies so I can review for this exam I am taking this Feb. 23rd and then I have a massage law exam to take after that.

You may have to let go of some courses for a while and focus on your child. Maybe just take one course at a time so your not overwhelming yourself so much... the child is a priority.... not the courses.

naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 10:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I agree with naturescape on this. I feel like my son is #1 but my family pressures me into taking all of these classes. I don't feel comfortable with it at all. I'd rather do 9-12 hours, not 14-15 like I am doing.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2009