What to do when your cravings kick in?

As soon as it gets warm enough to excersise, I'm going to be a healthier me but it's almost impossible when there's so much snacks around here calling my name.

What do you do to get your mind off of those donuts making eye contact with you or maybe those nut rolls taking over your mind?

lovekitchenmama

Asked by lovekitchenmama at 4:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Some spray their treats with windex after one bite.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Do you mean pregnancy cravings? Or just snacking because your bored? I use avoidance to stop snacking. I try not to have food in the house I LOVE.

Answer by louise2 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I try not to buy too many crap snacks now. I bought only one single box of girl scout cookies (gone) so now I have nothing.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Well, I just finished a giant bowl of chocolate cheerios. I have very little useful advice about staying away from stuff you enjoy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I don't keep junk food in the house. The worst stuff I have around is some pretzels and corn chips. Neither are particularly tempting to my palette.

I keep dark chocolate in the house and have 1 portion size when I'm in the mood.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I don't keep junk in the house, unless its junk I can resist easily.

When I have a craving for something that just won't stop, even if it means a trip to the store, I go ahead and indulge a little. It's easier for me to calm a craving by using moderation to get rid of it than to try to fight it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I'm not going to the store to buy stuff much anymore. I have to walk so that cuts down on my desire to walk a mile to get snacks. That's the only way I can stop snacking is just to not have it in the house.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• We don't buy a lot of sweets and things with empty calories. At times I just give in.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• Eat fruit
    latoyaferebee

Answer by latoyaferebee at 3:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2013