I'm having issues with my weight and it's really causing me some issues.

I'm about 5'4'' and my weight fluctuates between 142lbs and 148lbs.

I was about 175 for the longest time and then lost the weight and have kept it off for about a year now.

I usually count my calories and keep it at 1,200-1,500 because I'd like to lose more weight but for the past month or so I've been taking in close to 2,000. According to a lot of weight loss websites...consuming 1,900 would maintain my current weight but I am convinced that I'm gaining weight. Now, the scale has leaned more towards the 146/148 range but how not gone above that but I still appear to myself as having gained weight. It's really strange and kind of worrying me. I can still fit into my normal clothes and none of my loved ones have noticed a change. I think the guilt of the extra 400-700 calories is causing me to feel this way. I don't know what's going on with me but I feel so overwhelmed by the idea that I'm going to gain weight. It's all I think about.

Now you are probably thinking..."Just go back to 1,200-1,500 calories like before" and that's what I want to do but since I've been eating the 1,900ish calories for a while now I'm finding it really hard to limit it again and I'm compulsively eating more than I want to and then instantly feeling guilty. It's really getting scary to me. I will start off really well throughout the day but by the evening I ruin it.

I don't know what to do! Any advice? It's really starting to be a serious issue for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Health

• Drink a glass of water when you want to eat. If you are still hungry 20 minutes later eat a half portion of what you want.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Have you changed your exercise level?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Find out your triggers for the overeating in the evenings/compulsive eating. Are you lonely? Is it after the kids go to bed? etc... It's sounds to me that this may be more emotional/self-esteem related. I think you have to deal with those issues first.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• You have an unhealthy relationship with food, and we're not psychotherapists.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I feel like this. If your eating healthy, exercising who cares how many calories your consuming. Don't focus on numbers, focus on eating and living healthy. If your consuming healthy it affects your body in a good way unlike slamming down three double cheeseburgers. Good luck.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 5:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2013