How do you call your mother in law and ?

In my case because we don't have a good relationship I called her Mrs and her name. I also would like to know how you can deal with a mother in law that is mean, don't want you to be with her son, in front of him treats you good but when you're alone with her shows her true colors. I don't know and also how to deal when she stays for a period of time in the house. How not drive yourself crazy and just say something mean to her even though you want to.

Have you ever experienced this things? And how you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• I called mine "Dottie," when she was alive.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I usually call her by her first name. We have a decent relationship and she will actually listen to me when she won't listen to her own kids.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• You need to talk to your husband about this. HE needs to deal with his mother, not you.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I call her by her first name except when the kids are around...then I call her Grandma first name. I'm lucky my mil is a lovely, kind lady.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I don't get along with my MIL. I called her Mum when things were less tense. Now I don't call her anything because we don't speak. Fortunately she lives in Europe and I don't! LOL.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I've always had an issue with what to call people. I don't call my mother in law anything lol. I just talk to her. I don't have those issues with her though.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I called mine by her first name. We were on pretty good terms though, hell we still talk on occasion and her son and I have been done for almost 6 years now.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I call her auntie. She is not only my MIL , she is also my grandma in relation. She is very nice lady.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 5:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I call mine by her first name.
    LisaD719

Answer by LisaD719 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• My mother in law is the best she does not take sides even though she sometimes favors her baby boy (can totaly understand it) she understands that we need our time and she calls everyday to check on us and the baby. She has always been a mother to me since I never had one. I am sorry your having problems with yours.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2013