Abnormal Period

Okay so my periods are normally exactly on the 22nd of each month. So, November 22nd I got my period, but then on December 8th, I got another one. It lasted 5 days like my normal periods do. Then, December 22nd, got my period again. It then continued, I got my period the 8th of January and then again on the 22nd of January...now on the 8th of February there was no period. But on the 9th it came. Well, it was very light and stopped that night. I figured it would start up again because sometimes that does happen to me but still even now, I've got nothing. I have very subtle cramping still too. I took 2 pregnancy tests..one last night (the 11th) and one this morning (the 12th) and they were both negative. However, is it safe to say I'm pregnant? Or should I not worry about this mishap since it's technically my "secondary" period? Please let me know!!! thanks!!

jenn_M0808

Asked by jenn_M0808 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Breakthrough bleeding? Anything that's different from what you've normally been having merits a call to the GYN. You do realize that since each month has a different number of days, that getting your period "on the 22nd" is a little odd, especially in March?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• What type of birth control are you using?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Yes I do find it odd to be on the same day but I am not on any form of birth control and I have been off since April of 2012. In August is when I noticed my periods always being on the 22
    jenn_M0808

Comment by jenn_M0808 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• You could have had a couple of anovulatory cycles. That happened to me in December. I chart my cycles so I know what's happening and I had my expected period on November 8. But then I didn't ovulate but got a light period starting December 9th. I didn't ovulate again and had one starting the 26th, which was really soon! And then I did ovulate in January and started my period the 29th. So I just had a couple of weird ones in there.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2013