i dont know what to do....

my daughter has seperation issuses and i dont know how to fix them.she thinks im leaving her,i cant even go outside to hang up clothes,i cant even go to the bathroom,is this a faze that all four year olds go through or what? she says she dont wont daddy watching her,she wont let anyone watch but me and my mom, im going crazy its to the point where i get really mad any advice would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It is a faze. This too shall pass. It is separation anxiety. Just give her reassurances, give her a task while you are doing your task - like if you go out to hang laundry - make her task handing you the clips or the laundry from the basket. Make it a bonding moment. Remember, when she is older and doesn't want to be around you, you'll wish she did and wish you could go back to this very moment when she shadowed your every move!!!! Learn to enjoy it, make it a memory moment between you and your daughter, so when it does pass, it will be a happy memory!!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It is a phase.
    Make sure that when you leave a room you tell her you're leaving. If she fusses she fusses, but knowing your leaving and that you'll be back will help her more than just realizing that you're gone, and you might not come back.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My 4yo is very clingly right now as well. Of course, I am also pregnant so I'm sure that adds to it. Try slowly expanding distances. For instance, my daughter has to wait on the back porch while I check the mail. She can still see me, but is not super close. Gradually increase distance and view until she becomes comfortable being without you again.
    arctophile

Answer by arctophile at 8:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2009