If you are planting a garden, have you started?

I have not.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I haven't started, but funny you asked... DH and son tilled up our garden this morning and will let it sit and maybe freeze a couple more times until March.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I don't plant.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• no, we wont be able to start until may or later.
    and the best location to plant is destroyed by pigeon droppings

we are talking about reworking the soil. it's going to be an obscene expense but the "fresh" is worth it, since the pigeons have been successfully removed.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I wonder if pigeon droppings could be good for the soil? We use chicken and horse droppings to fertilize ours. Google it, ya never know.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I was thinking today that I should check my seed starting supplies. I can't plant most stuff until May 15, so I have a little time.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• I really want to. I am moving to Wyoming in a week so I will have to figure out when the best planting times are there (I have heard not until after Mothers day) but I know Potatoes need to start in chilly weather.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• It's 31° out, no I have not starting planting yet. We will start our seeds this weekend. Our last frost date is Mother's Day, but our plants will definitely be in the ground with wall o'waters by the beginning of April.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• It is just about time to start our seedlings and we have been discussing what we want/need to grow this year. We are in zone 6 so we can't really start planting outside until after mother's day and right now there is a couple feet of snow out there so can't work the soil either.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• no
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2013