To circ or not to circ that is my question

I'm just curious what your primary reason for choosing circ's, or choosing not to circ? not trying to get into a debate no side is right or wrong here I'm just trying to see everyones opinion vs. my own opinion

gabe11-14

Asked by gabe11-14 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We chose not to, I was surprised that my husband was against it, considering he's circumcised himself. we decided that it is wrong to remove a piece of skin that grew on our little guys body.

As a side note, there's a group of men who try to get their foreskins back, using weights to try and stretch the skin. Men who've had them removed later in life claim that sex without them is like watching TV on a black and white after HD colour.
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 9:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• if i do have a son i prob. would just because they say it is way cleaner and they are less likely to get infections and stuff. but i would prob look in to it a little more if or when i do have a boy.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 9:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• We did so they would look like daddy when he toilet trained them. And because if it gets infected when they are older you may have to get it done anyway. And when they are older they remember. Medically there's no need to do it. and you do have to use extra care every diaper change until it heals. It's really just a personal decision.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i did with my son
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• There are many reasons why we chose NOT to circumcise. This post pretty much says it all for me... http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1395469/Why_my_son_is_intact

It's cleaner when it's intact,  It's healthier, it's easier to take care of, so don't buy into any of that b.s.

Speaking of B.S. check this out too

http://www.videosift.com/video/Penn-and-Teller-Bullshit-Circumcision

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 9:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Sorry that Penn and Teller link is dead, here is a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZLna_uzLQ

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 9:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I choose to with my son. It is cleaner and has less a chance of infection. Also when he is older he wont have to push back the piece of skin to wash.

lilAshsmommie09

Answer by lilAshsmommie09 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Risks and benefits of circumcision

Problems from the surgery are usually minor. Although serious complications are rare, they do occur. Newborn circumcision has been associated with surgical mistakes, such as having too much skin removed.

Of every 1,000 boys who are circumcised:

20 to 30 will have a surgical complication, such as too much bleeding or infection in the area.

2 to 3 will have a more serious complication that needs more treatment. Examples include having too much skin removed or more serious bleeding.

2 will be admitted to hospital for a urinary tract infection (UTI) before they are one year old.
    About 10 babies may need to have the circumcision done again because of a poor result.

In rare cases, pain relief methods and medicines can cause side effects and complications. You should talk to your baby’s doctor about the possible risks.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 9:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Of every 1,000 boys who are not circumcised:

* 7 will be admitted to hospital for a UTI before they are one year old.

* 10 will have a circumcision later in life for medical reasons, such as a condition called phimosis. Phimosis is when the opening of the foreskin is scarred and narrow because of infections in the area that keep coming back. Older children who are circumcised may need a general anesthetic, and may have more complications than newborns.

Circumcision slightly lowers the risk of developing cancer of the penis in later life. However, this form of cancer is very rare. One of every one million men who are circumcised will develop cancer of the penis each year. By comparison, 3 of every one million men who are not circumcised will develop penile cancer each year.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 9:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 9:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2009