My doctor doesn't believe my High blood pressure meds are raising my blood sugars!Is anybody out there who's Diabetic who's taking High blood pressure meds that don't raise blood sugars?

I need some names of some drugs so I can get on them.I went to a Diabetic seminar for the fun of it and I asked the doctor there about this, he said oh yeah FOR SOME PEOPLE High blood pressure meds raise your blood sugars and I'm one of those people.Please kind answers,especially from people who are going through this or know any good drugs that don;'t do this

prayernow

Asked by prayernow at 9:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Hope this article helps

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• You could always get a 2nd opinion. How do you KNOW this is the case??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Because I have Hypoglycemia and ever since I started the drugs the blood tests say I'm pre-Diabetic!Also I will be very weak and hungry before I take my High blood pressure med and all of the sudden I have this energy like if I ate a great big meal.The Diabetic doctor said 'you're not imagining this,it's actually happening it has something to do with your adrenal glands.
    prayernow

Comment by prayernow (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• that's not hypoglycemic.

hypoglycemic is groggy from carbs
    cranky from lack of food- but never experiences a boost
    (think "boost from carbs" as stated in a carb heavy meal replacement drink commercial)

while i do not have blood pressure issues i have been diagnosed hypoglycemic for at least 13 yrs.
    my DD is undiagnosed but reacts the exact same way to carbs and protein, that i do

you feel better for eating whether carbs or protein but the carbs make the hypoglycemic crash within 30 mins
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• Let's go back to my question,I'm looking for Diabetics who are on High blood pressure meds, and I want to know what they are taking.I'm having burning feet and circulation problems in my feet and other symptoms of Diabetes.But after I stopped taking a certain High blood pressure med it stopped but I'm still having it a little because the drug I'm on now is raising my blood sugar.The other drug gave me gout a type of arthritist in my knee and the one I'm on now is just raising my blood sugar and it happens everyday I pop the pill and I feel it working for about 6 hours and then everyday it stops like at 4 pm and it bothers my knee like makes it stiff and then when it's 4 pm the stiffness goes away.So I don't want something that causes arthritist.
    prayernow

Comment by prayernow (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• The doctors know the high blood pressure meds do this to you they don't care if you get physically hurt in the process[arthritist,blood sugar going up] all they care about is you not having a stroke because they could loose their jobs for life!!
    prayernow

Comment by prayernow (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• You are so right, your doctor doesn't care about your health at all.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• My dh is a diabetic and he takes lisinopril and he doesn't have any problem with it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2013

• DH says his do not raise his. He is diabetic and is constantly checking his sugars.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I am diabetic. Diagnosed in 2000.  I have been taking benazepril for high blood pressure for 13 years. I take metformin. Some people can't tolerate it, but I do fine on it. Two year ago my blood sugars were in the 230 range. I lost 100 lbs. My blood sugars average 130 now. I find exercise works best to keep my blood sugar in check. That and eating right, which I'm struggling with lately. I exercise 45 min a day. Everyone'sbody chemistry is different. What works for me probably won't work for you. I take welchol and niaspan for cholesterol because I can't tolerate statins

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2013