is it ok for baby to sleep eat and keep on sleeping with out waking up

Wakes up twices a day for a lil while

lamuneca2

Asked by lamuneca2 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your little one? My SIL thought that she had the easiest baby ever because the baby ate and slept and never fussed. Turned out that she had a small hole in her heart and needed surgery at 2 yrs old. Everything was fine, but they didn't realize that anything was amiss because the baby was gaining weight, eating well, color was good...she just slept a LOT!

Basic rule for New Moms: if you think something is wrong/odd/off then bring it up to your pediatrician. If you're still uncomfortable then push the DR until you're satisfied. Trust your instincts!!! Good luck!
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 12:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• So the baby eats without waking up? I'm not sure, but it sounds like an awful lot of sleeping. I think I read somewhere that a newborn sleeps between fourteen and sixteen hours a day. Check with your doctor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Yes
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2013