How do i make my girlfriend understand her 5yr old is too big to be in the bed with her.

My girlfriend n I have been fighting about her 5almost 6 year old son sleeping in the bed w her when I come over he starts screaming because the only time she makes him sleep in his bed is when I am there. He's starting not to like me cause he sees me as the reason as to why he can't sleep in her bed. Please. Someone help me before I lose my relationship.

Songz L.

Asked by Songz L. at 12:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, a six year old child should be learning to sleep in his own bed without screaming or tantruming. But, you shouldn't be the one forcing the issue. Mom should start transitioning him when it has nothing to do with you, and you don't need to have a lot of input in it. He's her child and she can handle it...if she doesn't want to, well he won't stay there long. He will start school, and sleepovers and want be a little boy too much longer.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I think the relationship is already lost, sorry. I don't know enough about this child to know why he's still sleeping with mom. Cannot possibly advise on getting him out of the bed. If there's a developmental or emotional issue going on with the child, then my friend you're the one who's in the wrong. If it's mom's decision because of some ulterior motive, then there are probably too many worms in the can to make the relationship worth keeping.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• why does the kid have to sleep somewhere else?
    after all youre just a part time lover
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• You will just end up being the bad guy. If you don't like it leave her. Simple.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I wouldn't get in the middle of it if I were you. Nothing good will come of that for anybody.

This is a site for moms. It sounds like you are the boyfriend, or am I assuming something?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Why exactly should she make him leave her room? Because you don't like it?
    None of your business, you are the boyfriend not the parent,
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Let me try this again I'm not a part time lover this is my fiancĂ©e. I have children of my own also tht we are transitioning my step son has his own room and bed. I'm not forcing him to sleep on the floor. I simply think that its proper for a child to know how to sleep in his own room plus I don't wanna be the bad Guy but if I didn't allow my children to do it why treat my new son any different. I don't want this to continue to be a big issue but is it fair to me to sleep on the couch when my son has his own bed????
    Songz L.

Comment by Songz L. (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Sorry I'm not the boyfriend...smh
    Songz L.

Comment by Songz L. (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Poofing in 5..4..3..2..
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Oh lol well sorry! We don't know these things. I think it's something mom is going to have to decide on her own. If you push her to make him sleep in his own bed it could cause some resentment.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2013