PC Spyware to protect your kids? What worries do you have?

Do you use computer spyware or search restricted applications and parental locks etc on your PC? We do but I wondered how much other moms worry about inappropriate content on the internet. Is anything ever 'inappropriate' in your opinion? How do you protect your kids on the internet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• [our sons are 13 and 15]
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Our children range from 18-3. They have not been allowed to have free access to the computer ever. If they want to look something up they come to us and we look it up with them. So, we don't worry about them finding something in appropriate.
    LisaD719

Answer by LisaD719 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Things we do - block sites so that they don't have access to them..keep a real close eye on their "history page" which really shows us exactly where they are going and what they are doing and seeing...and we also have airport utility installed where the kids can't get on at certain times of the day and night...it's just precaution and prevention for us.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• We don't have anything like that. I don't believe in spying on my kids. My kids know the rules about "internet friends" and stick to them. Beyond that, I don't see any reason to fret.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• @ SabrinaBowen. I didn't believe in it either until we started getting lewd pop-ups and my kids linking from harmless YouTube videos to jawdroppingly adult content ones. I don't like using the 'spyware' (unfortunately named. We don't check back what they've looked at but use it to block adult sites). I'd love to not care what they see at whatever age but the internet is no respecter or emotional age
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2013