When to Potty Train?

How long after moving your LO into a toddler bed did you start the potty training process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it doesn't matter when they move beds.
    Look for signs:
    Can he/she hold their bladder throughout the night??
    Are they telling you that they peed/pooped?
    Are the curious about when you pee/poop?
    Do they want to sit on the big toilet like you??
    If you're getting these signs (ESP no accidents at night!) I'd go for it.
    Keep in mind, boys generally train at a later age than girls. 2 is early to start.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i started potty training around 18 months or so, well kind of i would put her on her potty and read books or play games or what ever that way she thought the potty was a fun place. she just turned 2 and is potty trained.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 9:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i disagree... the signs are right but I started potty training at a year old and she was fully trained at 18 months... also my grandmother had all her children train BY 1 yr old
    Anonymous

• my daughter is 2 and i have been working with her for a couple of months i think the age of two if not sooner is the age to start showing them potty training i mean dont overwhelm then just show them "how fun it is" lol to go on the big potty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• my girls will be 2 in about a month, they moved to beds at 18 months and i got them potties probably 2 months ago. we havent started active training yet we are just preparing. they show a lot of the signs they are ready, they will both willingly sit on their potties but havent done anything yet. i'm looking to really start training soon, less than a week.

by the way the walmart brand White Cloud version of pull ups work great, DO NOT get the target ones, they are terrible.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2009