I shaved "down there" and now I'm itchy! Is that normal?

I shaved "down there" today, and now I'm itchy . . . . is that normal? I used a new razor (and it wasn't the cheap throw-away kind either). Will the itch go away? Is it just razor burn?
This is a strange question, but any answers would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It's normal. Esp. If it was your first time, or you hadn't for awhile. lol. I'd personally put a little lotion on afterwards, because it very well could be razor burn. (My skin is SUPER sensative.)
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• lol it's normal, it is razor burn and the fact that it isn't use to being shaved. take some of your mans aftershave, hopefully without too much alcohol it will help

setliff

Answer by setliff at 9:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Thanks for the answers! lol
    I've shaved there before, but it's been a few years and I don't remeber it being so itchy. I used shaving cream, but I think I'll just "lotion myself" and wait for the itchy to go away.
    Thanks again!
    Anonymous

• Did that once and will never again. It was the worst inchy feeling and it took more than a week to go away. Try baby powder on the area. It sooths it. Good luck.
    tietwinsmom

Answer by tietwinsmom at 12:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It is best to cut the hair instead of shaving.........then it doesn't itch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i shave down there all the time, you just apply hand cream immediately after doing that, i find that it is cold down when shaving in the winter, but it is refreshing i t keeps smelly odours when appearing. good luck in your adventure.
    spiteful

Answer by spiteful at 11:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• yes it is
    fostermom180

Answer by fostermom180 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• next time use hair conditioner when you shave...you won't itch.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• yes its normal. . . this may sound werid but try and put some deodarant on it right after wards.also make sure you use lots of shaving cream before you do it. and try not to let things get too wild down there or this wil happen everytime. if you like the au'natural look maintain it everyother day or something like this. if not let it grow back out and try something new! just try not to scratch in public. LOL
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• its super sensitive down there and do u know why? cuz we are not supposed to shave down there
    Anonymous