How do I care for curly hair?

My daughter's whole back of her head has turned into curls. I have straight hair. I don't know how to care for it. I use kids 2 in 1 conditioner shampoo and the spray detangler/ conditioner. This helps but pretty soon it gets all frizzy again. When they are curls it's so cute! What can I do to keep it from going frizzy? Being that I have straight hair I have never dealt with this before. Help please!

taratt79

Asked by taratt79 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• use just a little bit of hair gel or moose
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• dont use shampoo. There is a book called Cury Girl that has great tips. I have natural curly hair and I never use shampoo just conditioner.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Switch her to shampoo and conditioner seperates. When the conditioner is in her hair that's when you should brush it. Don't brush it after her bath, just let it air dry. If you baithe her at night then in the mornings just sprits some water on her hair and don't brush it. Don't use too much product on her hair. For special occasions use some mousse or gel on her hair to make the curls last longer. You could even try some hair wax or hair gum. Me and DH have curly hair and our 3 kids have curly like hair.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Never brush her hair when it is dry. Get a leave in conditioner OR just don't quite rinse out all of the conditioner . . . this helps to weigh down the frizzies tremendously. You should use shampoo, but maybe not every time she bathes. I only wash my hair twice a week.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• so you have a sally hansens near you? Loreal makes a curl shampo, conditioner and leave in treatment.. i love the leave in treatment.. makes my curls nice and soft and bouncy.. its in a bright orange tube.. like a large tube of toothpaste... get that, that will take the frizz out..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• brush it when its wet. maybe try leave in conditioner. i would use shampoo. also, try asking a hair dresser or something. they might have advice.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2009