Will you be watching Dr. Phil's interview w/ Ethan & his parents today?

http://gma.yahoo.com/ala-hostage-hard-time-sleeping-154747993--abc-news-topstories.html

I know I will try to watch it. I'd like to see for myself how the little boy is doing. I think it's great that Dr. Phil is providing support/services to the little boy & his family to help them recover from this.

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• yes. I record all the new episodes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:48 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• It's sick. No, I won't watch. And I find it offensive and unethical. A child's recovery is not for public entertainment. Resources can be done locally and not on this national level.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I agree with these mamas. Dr Phil is not doing any of it tobe kind. Hes doing it for the publicity. That littlr boy would be far better ofg with a local psychologist who can see him in his own environment. And Dr Phil knows this....hes exploiting that child
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• No. I agree with frogdawg. I find the shit like this disgusting and offensive (and you know I don't use that word in any form very often) to my ethical and moral side.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• No. I agree with frogdawg completely, and I don't like Dr Phil at all.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:05 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Why would the mother agree to that? They must be paying a lot of money. Why else would she do it. If Dr. Phil really cared he could counsel them privately.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I would rather stuff my head in the garbage disposal and turn it on for half an hour than watch Dr. Phil, no matter what was on his show. And exploiting a child for publicity is inexcusable.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I used to like Dr Phil but he seems to be getting into issues he should not be in. Also I have noticed every show since at least December he has touted his new book.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I am not sure he can. You have to be licensed by that specific state. My issue is when a person experiences trauma the most important factor is returning back to what is normal for that person, what is familar and safe. I am going to take a wild guess and say national television a few days after a major trauma is not the norm for this kid. The chances increase for PTSD when exposure to the trauma is revisited. That can be by interviews from law enforcement, talking about it to family, or friends asking questions. Watching footage of the events. To reduce the risk of PTSD comfort, routine, security take priority. It seems this parent may have been mislead about how helpful the media is going to be. Dr. Phil clearly states in writing his show is for entertainment. I consider this media not theraputic. I am not dogging a parent who had such a trauma herself. I think it's irresponsible of a licensed provider.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• No, He really does not need the money, I've heard all I need to about the story. The child is safe is all that matters now.
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2013