Why do BF moms give FF moms such a hard time?

Don't you understand that being able to BF is a great blessing and some moms just aren't able to do it? Why do you have to be so rude to those moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the same reason formula moms are rude to BF moms. People that are rude are going to find something to be rude about. It has nothing to do with BFing or FFing. Some people are just jerks.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I don't care what people choose to do. I personally BF but that is my choice. My sister wanted to but she was not able to. You gotta do what you gotta do. Some people just don't get that.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Ther eare rude folks of every stripe. I try not to be rude to anyone for their choices. I will sometimes ask questions because many many times I've seen moms who thought they couldn't but actually could...or were doing better than they gave themselves credit for. There's SO much misinformation out there.

I save my vitriol for those who spread misinformation, those who try to make moms feel bad for their choices, and for the companies who should really be doing better by moms and babies. (Formula should be far better than it is. There's something WRONG when there's an acceptable level of rodent fecal matter in infant formula.)

Answer by gdiamante at 10:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I don't care if you formula feed. But don't pretend it's better than breastmilk. Even the formula cans tell you it's not.

If you CAN'T breastfeed, my heart breaks for you. If you spread rumors about why you couldn't breastfeed when what you SHOULD say is, "I just didn't want to," then I dislike you because you could scare a potential breastfeeder into thinking that it never works for anyone, which just isn't true.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 10:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• RanaA...
    I don't care if you formula feed. But don't pretend it's better than breastmilk. Even the formula cans tell you it's not.

Rana you make a good point. And you know...I don't find people being rude to mamas that truly can't BF often. Its the FF mamas that are being nasty to the BFing mamas that usually bring the claws out.

Like I said...some mamas are just mean. But I personally can't even begin to count the times a FFing mama has been mean to me. So yeah..there are mean people on both sides.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i dunno because in a few years it wont matter either way lol. i wasnt breast fed and neither were any of my siblings. im just fine :) its not like when ur grown people go around asking u if u were BF lol i dont think it should matter either way so much. People need to let other people to choose what they want. It's not life or death!
    kaybullion

Answer by kaybullion at 10:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• everyone is different. I dont agree with the woman who don't BF because "it'll ruin my breasts" so stupid in my opinion to not BF for that reason or others like it. Its not always easy for everyone to BF i had SUCH a hard time at first. No one showed me how or gave me tips and my son had a very hard time latching on, but my fiance and i were stubborn and kept trying..Now my son is almost 7months and has been totally BF.
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 10:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• MY question, is why this was even posted as a question because it's extremely obvious that it's only going to start drama. Not to mention it's already been posted as a question before and argued about for days on end.

Then my answer to the question is that I personally try not to make other women feel bad for their choices, the majority of them were misinformed and *think* their making the best choice for their child. I have no problem with mothers who choose to formula feed, I do however have a problem with the formula companies who KNOW that their using the crappiest possible ingredients, and selling their product for 1000 times more than it's worth.

If our culture was more educated on what formula is meant to be used for and how dangerous it can be, I think this wouldnt be so much of a problem.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 10:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• because in their little world they think they are better than everyone else
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

That's not true. I dont know ONE BFing mother who thinks their better than other mom's. It's a fact however, as i've stated before, that breastmilk is better than formula.

BF moms get JUST AS MUCH, if not more, crap from FF moms as FF moms claim to get from BF moms.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 10:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2009