does it talk about

was wondering if it talks about dinosaurs in the bible--and if it does where??--my 7 yr old is talking alot about dinosaurs and i was wondering if anyone knows any good "biblical" way to explain them to him, or any good books to help explain them to him. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It absolutely does, check out the website answersingenesis.org they have great information regarding dinosaurs in the Bible!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Job 40: 15-19

15."Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.
    16.What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly!
    17.His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.
    18.His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron.
    19.He ranks first among the works of God, yet his Maker can approach him with his sword.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Job 41: 1-11

1."Can you pull in the leviathan with a fishhook or tie down his tongue with a rope?
    2.Can you put a cord through his nose or pierce his jaw with a hook?
    3.Will he keep begging you for mercy? Will he speak to you with gentle words?
    4.Will he make an agreement with you for you to take him as your slave for life?
    5.Can you make a pet of him like a bird or put him on a leash for your girls?
    6.Will traders barter for him? Will they divide him up among the merchants?
    7.Can you fill his hide with harpoons or his head with fishing spears?
    8.If you lay a hand on him, you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
    9.Any hope of subduing him is false; the mere sight of him is overpowering.
    10.No one is fierce enough to rouse him. Who then is able to stand against me?
    11.Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Job 41: 12-20

12."I will not fail to speak of his limbs, his strength and his graceful form.
    13.Who can strip off his outer coat? Who would approach him with a bridle?
    14.Who dares open the doors of his mouth, ringed about with his fearsome teeth?
    15.His back has rows of shields tightly sealed together;
    16.each is so close to the next that no air can pass between.
    17.They are joined fast to one another; they cling together and cannot be parted.
    18.His snorting throws out flashes of light; his eyes are like the rays of dawn.
    19.Firebrands stream from his mouth; sparks of fire shoot out.
    20.Smoke pours from his nostrils as from a boiling pot over a fire of reeds.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I attended a creationism gathering in Omaha one year when my sons were young and they described dinosaurs as behemoth.

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml

http://www.creationism.org/ http://www.creationism.org/topbar/dinosaurs.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth

http://www.ucg.org/search/?q=dinosaurs&sa=Submit&cx=016889497640205832510:wdwph-r0a3u&cof=FORID:11

I suggest you search the internet on the sites above to help you derive a way to explain the topic of dinosaurs in the bible.

Have fun researching....Knowledge is POWER!!!!

naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 10:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I can read those verses and get nothing about dinosaurs!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• 18.His snorting throws out flashes of light; his eyes are like the rays of dawn.

I didn't realize dinosaurs could breathe fire...
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't think the Bible talks about dinosaurs - dinosaurs have more to do with science and history and the Bible is about helping us understand God and His will for us. But we do know from the Bible that God created everything so God created dinosaurs too.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• 17.His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.

So...in these verses, what do you think he's talking about then? I can't think of a single "being" that fits the description other than dinosaur.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2009