What do I do? Anything I can do?

I thought I was texting my husband about a neighbor of ours. I called her an "irresponsible parent" for a lot of reasons. This morning I was frustrated because she had offered to drive our dd's to school. At the time school started, 8:00, I texted her to see if she was on her way. Then I texted my husband about a couple things. Turns out I texted it to her be accident . Oops! Do you think there's anyway I can repair this? I tried to cover by texting her that I was talking about my dd, but I'm not sure she believed it. She hasn't texted back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2013 in General Parenting

• Ooohhh...I've done something like that before. Never good.

Without knowing what the text said, can't say of a way that it might be fixed...but I'm guessing this relationship is done.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I'd start looking for another way to get your child to/from school. This bridge is most likely burned.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• 1. If you called her an irresponsible parent for many reasons why would you let her take your kids anywhere?
    2. Repair, I doubt it
    3. You told her it was about your DD, you just said they were in school so does your school aged child have children thus makingher an irresponsible parent?
    4. I can see why she did not believe it
    5. Never text something you don't want people to find out you said
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I would of lied & said sorry was talking about my cousin she's a douche lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Thanks mrs and aak. My daughter usually rides the bus, but occasionally me and the other mom drive the kids to school. I wouldn't have relied on her anymore after this anyway, I had told my dd the rides with her were over before I even texted.

aak - it said "she's such an irresponsible parent" That's all, so it in no way had her name or anything like that. A moment later when I realized I wrote "child - (my dd's name). Sorry" trying to say that I had meant "she's such an irresponsible child" But I still haven't heard back and although she wasn't a great friend or anything, I'm just so not the type to hurt someone's feelings and I feel really bad about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Someone did something similar to me, but didn't call me an irresponsible parent. She was bitching to her dh (so she thought) about me because I disagreed with her about something. She apologized right away and after I cooled off for a while, I got over it. It was an accident, you weren't trying to hurt her feelings. If you weren't close to begin with, however, you probably have burned this bridge. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I think you just need to apologize and do not make any excuses.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• She texted me back like nothing had happened, so either she believed I was talking about my daughter or she's just going to be the bigger person and realize I was blowing some steam!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

• You need to pay better attention to who you are texting and remember the motto if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all. Especially when it is behind someones back. If something is truly bothering you tell your husband face to face and if you dont think its that big of a problem then just keep your mouth shut. Dont mean to be harsh but consider it.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• "If something is truly bothering you tell your husband face to face and if you dont think its that big of a problem then just keep your mouth shut"

Since my husband works out of town and I can't talk to him face to face, your words are absolutely useless - but thank you so much for saying things that at this stage in life we all know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2013