questioning biblical aspects

I am to the point where i am question the "bible"--and stuff that is in it--i know that probable aint good--but i do think we all have doubts of some sorts--the doubt i have lately is--and keep in mind i dont know the "bible" real well anyways so maybe this is in there--but i know it talks about Jesus' birth and then talks about his death and resurrection--but how much does it REALLY talk about his life and his growth--how come it does not--and how do you know he really existed then??? just a question
plz dont judge me with this question or doubt--just pondering and questioning

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's faith...not proof. If you can prove it, then there's no need for faith. Everyone has doubts!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• You may be beginning to understand that the bible is NOT history but mythology. There is little proof that the Jesus of the new testament even existed. He is a composite of messiahs from different cultures that were "borrowed" by the Christians. If you go to the website www.biblicalerrancy.com you will see how many errors and untruths there are in the bible. Only you can decide if it is time to stop believing in fairy tales or if you want to hang on a little bit longer.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• If God wanted sheep He'd have given us all wool and hooves.

Nothing wrong with asking questions.

Remember that the Biblical Gospels were written after Christ's life. No one was working on his biography when he was alive. Bits and pieces of history are going to be missing. But it's not the history that's important. it's the message.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• It is good to question!  It stimulates the intellect and broadens the mind.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I'm glad you are seeking answers. God bless you! Go to Christiananswers.com OR CARM.org
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If you look closely at the bible you will have more and more questions....So much is apparently left out and left up to faith....More questions than answers. And it is all very difficult to understand...almost impossible. People with a strong faith will tell you that is because it is up to us to have FAITH, and people who don't believe will tell you it is because it is all "hogwash" or some other comparable term. I choose to believe in God, and in Jesus, but I refuse to get into detailed arguments about what the bible proves or disproves as I have never even once gotten an answer that would satisfy me under normal circumstances. That is my opinion and feeling about it....I think faith is meant to be a personal thing.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It could have something to do with the fact that his brothers and sisters were left out... and, depending on who you're talking to, some also contend that he made a child before he died... you know, stuff the Vatican doesn't want people to know because it would take some of the wind out of their sails.
    Anonymous

• Nothing wrong with being skeptical and questioning. In fact there is a verse in the bible that encourages it. I will have to look it up if you want it. Off hand I'm not sure. But even so, the bible is written by man and that alone is enough reason to be skeptical. You can be a follower of God and not believe in the bible. Of course snowgirl and probably mommiejay will probably tell you otherwise.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It is a very good thing to question religious authority. Do we know Jesus was a real person? No, but the historical record for a person upon whom the myths became centered is good enough to reasonably believe that he did exist. Was he the saviour whose coming was foretold? That is certainly up for debate, I would think that the best way to consider that question is by reading the opinions of Christian and Jewish theologians. Did this historic person really preform miracles? It is somewhat less reasonable to believe those things happened literally, however the wise realize that nothing is impossible. To consider that question you can, again, look to theologians, or you can consider it through the study of comparative mythology (authors like Joseph Campbell & David Leeming are experts on that subject). Don't feel guilty for questioning, if there is a God who created you, he gave you a mind and curiosity for a reason.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Check out this website - I think you'll find it very interesting. It should answer a lot of questions for you.

Anonymous