Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What do you think?

remember when i posted about how i needed 2011's AGI from my ex husband for this year's tax purposes and he never gave it to me? (still hasn't) well today he just messaged me on FB and asked for our youngest daughter's SSN. i so badly want to be like "cool, just like i needed the AGI that you still haven't given me" just to be as big of a bitch as he's an asshole. i know he has her SSN somewhere in his house, and if he doesn't his mother definitely does. he can get off his ass and look for it just like i had to dig in my house to find the AGI. what do you think?

Answer Question

Asked by tnm786 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2013 in Relationships

Level 43 (159,608 Credits)
Answers (17)
  • Why does he need it? Is he attempting to claim her on his taxes?

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

  • I'd say FB is not a good place to post such things & that he gets his request granted when you get yours.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

  • I would just ignore him. Pretend like you never got the damn message.

    Answer by kmath at 8:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

  • butterfly- im not sure and i know if i ask he wont tell me. my gut is telling me that yes that's exactly what he wants it for. but its too late because i already claimed her & she lives with me 100% of the time, plus he doesn't pay child support. so let him try & he will get an audit.

    Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

  • Yeah, I'd want to know why he wants it, too. As making him go find it himself - hey, it sounds petty, but you know, sometimes being petty is all you've got. lol

    I generally try to be mature when I deal with my ex (which is incredibly rare; I only talk to him through the judge when we go to court), but I've been known to be petty a time or two when he really pissed me off.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 8:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

  • I would tell him you have sole custody and you will not give it out. ( it will be in the IRS system if he puts her name in anyways).

    If you claimed her already then they will send you a letter asing if you are the only one who can claim (if he tries), and he just own't get anything from it. My ex tried it 7 years in a row and they never did a thing about attempted fraud. :( that would have been fun! LOL

    Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

  • i just checked my return status & it got approved, so it is definitely too late for him to claim her now. i also asked him why he needed it, so we'll see what he says.

    Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

  • I'd tell him he can pick it up (ssn) when he drops off the papers you need. He won't so you won't have to. He's a lazy jerk.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

  • My ex and I both claimed our kids two years in a row. He won't be able to file electronically if you already filed, but he can paper file and you will BOTH get the refund. They will send a letter saying that the child(ren) were claimed by more than one person and if you are the rightful filee then you need to do nothing, but if you are the wrongful filee you need to contact them.
    I rightfully claimed my children so I did nothing, and neither did my ex. We both got the refund and the irs hasn't said anything about it in 4-5 years. It was "only" a few thousand dollars, they generally have bigger fish to fry. (not that I would recommend this as a course of action, just saying that may be what happens)

    Answer by missanc at 8:38 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

  • DO IT!!!

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.