Unemployment question

I live in NY I just got a notice that I can claim another 13 weeks of unemployment, but last week I thought I had found a great new job and it ended up that they did not tell me everything-10 to 12 hour days with no breaks and when I asked about what phone number to give my family for emergencies they said "NONE" we cannot leave for emergencies due to state regulations for staff/client ratios. Sorry but as a mom I cannot be working some place where I cannot deal with family emergencys! So I finished out the day then called the supervisor the next morning and quit. So do I still qualify for the unemployment extension? I am thinking not, but wondering what others think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am own unemployment in Tennessee, I can make like $70.00 a week & still get my unemployment, are you going to make more than what they said you could make?
    To play it safe I would call the unemployment office & ask, you don't want to stop getting it if you are still supose to be able to.

Good luck with Job Hunting,
    tab9344

Answer by tab9344 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• you do not get unemployment if you willing quit or refuse work. With being offered a position you will forfeit your right to unemployment. Maybe NY is different but in Ohio if you refuse work then you lose all benefits.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 7:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• You draw unemployment when you lose work, no fault of your own. If you are fired, theres a huge inquisition. If you walk, nope, no benefits.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't think so. Usually unemployment is for when they lay you off. I understand your frustrations about the job. I wouldn't stay long at a job with no breaks for 10 hours or more, but unfortunately you can't get the unemployment.
    BethMcCree

Answer by BethMcCree at 2:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Unemployment is for involuntary employment; loss of job due to lay-off, termination, lock-out or strike. I am in California. in California if a person quits, NOPE you cannot get unemployment because it does not fall under "involuntary".

The extended benefits isn't going to well here in California. I need to do an phone interview to get it. I haven't had a check for almost 4 weeks.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:06 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I hope you get your unemployment back!

here is an opportunity to check out - work from home and be with your children

www.DoctorsMission.com

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 21, 2009