Rash ? ( long)

My daughter is almost 9 months old. Today we went shopping and she had a snowsuit on because it is pretty cold here. At one point the zipper on the snowsuit had left marks in her chin during the car ride between stores. When we got home she was in a great mood and acting completely normal but her chin was pretty red and into one of her cheeks. She was in a great mood until I put her to sleep. While she was asleep I was looking at her chin and didnt like the looks of it. I felt her head and it was clammy, I felt her chest and it was cold and clammy. I took her temperature, it was 97.0 F. After a while her clamminess went away but her chin and cheek are still bright red. At first I had thought it was just a mixture of her zipper irritating her along with the wind. Then when she was clammy I worried that she was having an alergic reaction to something. Now the clamminess is gone, should I be worried about her face ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has really dry skin and if we go out in the cold for even 5 mins or if its to hot his cheeks turn bright red. He cheeks are probbly just chapped. My docter told me to us alveno(sp) Baby cream not lotion but cream. It help my little one so much. But if you think there is a chance she is allergic to something I would call her pedi. Hope that helps!
    Anonymous

• opps didnt even realize i sent it anon.
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 10:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Hmm I'm not sure about that. If her cheeks are dry and rough it could be eczema... my 5 month old had it really bad. I use Eucerin original cream in the tub... works wonders
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2009