Are there any good websites that break down Obamacare in to understandable steps or information?

Our family is 3 adults and 3 children living on about $15oo a month income. As of now only the children qualify for state healthcare. I am trying to find information about getting insurance under Obamacare because I THOUGHT we had to have it by the end of this year (but I could be wrong). I need to find out how or where to find affordable health insurance for the three adults - and maybe the kids, I don't know if they will loose theirs or not.

I don't want to wait til the last second or miss something I need to know or whatever... So if you know of any sites that help spell things out a little better than simply reading the bill does (yeah, I did that) it would be helpful.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• healthcare.gov is the only resource I know of. I have been posting about that site for a long time.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2013

• As a general guideline, if your income is low enough that your kids qualify for medicaid, your entire family will automatically be put on medicaid under OCare. That's assuming you don't live in one of the states trying to screw everyone over - they are passing state laws that say they are immune from the federal Obamacare law. For people required to buy insurance, it may not directly impact them, but the ones who will be most screwed are those who are in the medicaid bracket. The federal government will refuse to give anyone who qualifies for medicaid any subsidy towards buying it. The state controls who gets medicaid, so if they reject the law, you are not allowed medicaid and not allowed a federal subsidy, meaning you must find a way to pay full price for insurance for your family or you'll be found guilty of tax evasion. At least until the SCOTUS rules one way or the other, forcing subsidy or overturning state laws.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• A simple google search turned up many.  Understanding the affordable care act

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/      <<  The first search result.  click on Key Features, Information for You, and Timeline to get the information you need.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I don't have an accountant. I do my own. Which is why I'm looking for something online to give me answers.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I believe the mandate goes into effect next year. I would think by the end of this year they will have a subsidy calculator to figure out how much the federal government will contribute to your policy. Much of this will be done though taxes I believe, so I would recommend asking your accountant or a tax preparation company.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2013