What would you think or do if you found out the beef you were eating was horse meat?

Horse meat slaughtered in UK passed off as beef Andrew Rhodes from the Food Standards Agency says its investigation has found horse meat being slaughtered in Yorkshire and sent to a business in west Wales where it has been used in products labelled as beef. It was in many other so called beef dishes.

We do import food from overseas , so now you have to wonder.

What companies will do. I do not like meat especially beef.   Story  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/9867048/FSA-Horse-meat-slaughtered-in-UK-passed-off-as-beef.html   I just avoid meat.

sunshine196

Asked by sunshine196 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I'd be disgusted. These aren't healthy animals being slaughtered. We don't want to feed it to our pets,we certainly don't want to consume it ourselves

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• If I couldn't tell the difference and wasn't feeling any ill effects, I'd let that one roll off my back, but I probably wouldn't buy the same brand again!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I'd vomit forever.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 1:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• The issue for me isn't so much the idea of eating a horse, because it's an animal the same as any other. I would worry about the health of these animals. If they are so underhanded and haven't been kept in check with good inspections that the horse is there in the first place, I would assume the meat hasn't been tested for illness and additives. Wasn't there a concern about some medication in these horses?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• It was damn good horse meat! LOL! I would say.

Answer by louise2 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I'd cover my ears and say "lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala."
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 1:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• so glad you told us this, I shall go throw up now
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I am so freaking glad I dont eat red meat.... I stopped eating it 8 years ago. I cook mainly ground turkey and ground chicken when thing call for ground beef. My kids only get ground beef if they have a hamburger.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Thank God I dont eat beef or any red meat! My stomach would prolapse....yuck!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Start neighing. I don't really care all that much. I don't see why it's okay to eat cows, chickens, sheep, etc, but its so disgusting to eat another animal.

Then I've also heard that it costs too much to ship meat to the US from England, so even if it were horse meat it would still cost more than the beef grown here.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2013