Would you make or buy cookies?

my DD was up all Monday night throwing up and was fine yesterday. DS was up all last night throwing up and is fine today. i just read an article saying the stomach flu is spreading thru Oklahoma in larger numbers than the flu and am pretty sure thats what my kiddos had. ive cleaned and aired out the whole house.

heres my question. DD is having a Valentine's party tomorrow at school and i told the teacher id bring cookies. i had planned on making them, but now im thinking i should just go buy some from the store so we dont spread the virus around, just in case. money is tight, and i already have the stuff to make cookies. what would you do?

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 3:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2013 in General Parenting

• you have to have store bought. I always thought homemade treats werent allowed in school parties. It may differ depending where you live.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Go ahead and make them
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Go buy some... it's easier on you anyway.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Those store brand sandwich cookies are pretty cheap

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• we dont have to have bring store bought treats...at least they've never said anything about it the other times ive brought homemade cookies or sent anything home about it. why would they rather have store bought?
    okmanders

Comment by okmanders (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• because people are paranoid you will poison their kids, at least thats the reason why where I live. I would call them and ask them just to be on the safe side.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Ours allow homemade stuff too, I know some places only allow store bought, but that's even worse because then you know they're loaded with sugar and fat :P
    In your case though Okmanders I might just go with the store bought to reduce the risk of spreading the virus :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• I'd buy, but that's just because I don't feel like doing anything at the moment. I think I need a nap.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• mommy_jules I'm with you buy them just get them from a good place, also I need a nap right now
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2013

• Our schools won't allowed unsealed packages of food items to be brought in to share.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2013